Request to Distribute Non-School Literature
Material Distribution to Students by Community Agencies/Organizations
Any and all distribution materials provided by community agencies/organizations MUST BE APPROVED by the Christian County Public Schools Communication/Public Relations contact. This includes promotional flyers, surveys, posters, contests, religious materials, etc.
*Please note that CCPS will not approve religious materials to be distributed to students, as it may appear that school(s) endorse a specific religious view, which subjects the students to ‘subtle coercive pressure’ to accept the proffered religious materials. In addition, CCPS will not violate federal law.
If items are APPROVED, they will be stated as APPROVED through e-mail or by the CCPS district stamp. This approval will be communicated to the sender. If distribution items DO NOT contain either of these approval methods, please report items to the Communications Dept. for review.
If items are verified as approved, the contact of the organization or agency will be contacted by the Communications Dept. by email, in person, or by phone to relay the number of flyers (or other items) that will be needed for that particular school(s) they wish to distribute to.
The Communications Department will include special instructions to agencies/organizations. This includes the following:
- The items you are requesting approval on should be sent via email or delivered in hard copy format for approval (address below). Send by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org . A confirmation will be made of the item(s) approval status before the distribution of materials or items can begin. You will then be sent enrollment numbers, so you may know how many hard copies to provide for each student in each school.
- Bundle all items in groups of 25-30. This allows school personnel to distribute to students in a timely manner.
- All bundles should be sorted by school name.
- Please do not expect your items to be delivered the day they are brought to the schools. Please provide ample time for distribution. This could take up to 3 days turnaround time.
- Please contact Johnna Brown, Communications Director, to schedule a date you plan to drop off materials at the Board of Education OR you may deliver the items to the school. Either way, please contact Johnna Brown before distributing.
Contact: CCPS Communications Department: (270) 887-7018 or email@example.com
Christian County Board of Education
200 Glass Avenue
Hopkinsville, KY 42240